“Learn How to Schedule a Match/Game”
The ‘Add Match’ pop-up will allow you to create a new match/game between the teams. You may also assign match officials to your games. The matches can be for a season, league, tournament and just a one-off.
How does the ‘Add Match’ Pop-up Look Like?
Following is the sample screenshot of the ‘Add Match or Game’ page.
Adding a Match
To add a match or game, provide the following details.
- Select the season/league/tournament applicable to the match from the drop-down.
- To add a new season/league/tournament, click on the icon & enter the details.
- Team 1: Select the primary/main team of the match from the drop-down.
- Team 2:
- If the opponent team is an external team (not a part of your organization), then select the external team option and enter the team name in the Team 2 text box.
- If the opponent team is an internal team (part of your organization team), then select the opponent team from the drop-down.
- Home/Away/Neutral: Specify if the team is going to be a Home team or Away team or just a Neutral team. The player jersey may be decided based on this.
- Match Date & Time:
- Specify the date & time of the match.
- Click on the change link located below the ‘match time’ to update the timezone of your organization.
- Duration: Specify the overall duration of the match.
- Location: Specify the field/location details of the match/game.
- Arrive Minutes: Specify the time (in minutes) that the team members are expected to reach the location before the match start time.
- Additional Location Details: Provide any additional information about the match location, such as landmark, nearby places, transport route, etc.
- You may specify two reminders for the match.
- The team members will then automatically receive a notification about the match at the specified time.
- Notes: Provide any additional information about the match, such as what jersey to wear, weather conditions, match procedure etc.
- Officials: Choose the officials for the match from the list displayed in the drop-down. These are the officials that were added to the organization as referees.
- Volunteers Required: Select this option if there is a need for volunteers for this match.
- All Day Event:
- Select this option if the match is an all-day event, i.e. for 24 hours.
- In this case, the match start & end timings will be then automatically considered from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM.
- Notify Team Members: Select this option to send an instant notification to the team members about this match.
- Click on Save to add the match to the organization calendar.
- Click on Save and Create Another to add the match to the organization calendar and create a new match. Most of the details will be pre-filled for the new match from the previous match.
How to Reach the ‘Add Match’ Page?
Following are the steps to get to the ‘Add Match’ page.
- After logging in to the SportsPlus application, ensure that you’re in the Organization area.
- Click on Schedule from the left navigation menu.
- Click on Add Match (OR) Click on Calendar View and then click on the present date or any date from the future.