Content can be any piece of information like articles, blogs, and news, etc. If you want to add your content to different pages of the organization’s public website or for your members who can access it after logging into their account.
Adding a new content item
To add a new content item, click on the green plus icon, and enter the following details.
- The title is mandatory and should be meaningful as it is used to identify what the content is all about and the search engines decide the order in which the content should appear in the search results.
- You can add up to a maximum of 100 characters.
- The priority tells the importance of a content item. When presented to the user, higher priority items are displayed ahead of the lower priority items.
- Depending on the nature of the content, select the appropriate type. Based on the type chosen, the content will be published on the relevant website pages.
- Page Top Content:
- Choose this type to create content that can be displayed as the body-header text of the system-provided and user-added website pages.
- You can either choose the website page while adding the content or add/include an existing page top content to the user-added website pages from the Website Admin > Page Design or All Pages areas.
- Choose this type to create content that can be displayed as the body text of the user-added website pages.
- You can create a new website page while adding this content. You can also add an existing page top content to the user-added website pages from the Website Admin > All Pages (by clicking on the green plus icon).
- A category is a group or collection of relevant content items.
- If you need to add a new category, click on the green plus icon to create a category of your choice.
- Example categories are Spring Events, Fall Tournaments., etc.
- Is flash news?
- On selecting this option, the title of the news item is displayed on the My dashboard and the homepage of the organization’s public website as flash news.
- Who can view this content?
- Specify the audience, a group of members who can view this content.
- Everybody – Organization members and the public can view the content.
- All organization members – Including players, parents, coaches, officials, and staff members who have an account can view the content.
- Organization staff only – Only the organization staff members can view the content.
- The summary will be displayed in the pages where a list of content items will be displayed.
- Enter a full description of this content as rich text. You can also include images, videos. Use the rich text editor to format the content.
- Once you are done entering the content, click on Save to save the content. By clicking on the Save and Return, the content is saved and you will be redirected back to the Content list page.
Once you’re done adding the content, Save will commit the content and keep you on the same page. By clicking Save and Return, the content is saved and you are redirected back to the Content page or click Cancel to discard.
Listing the content items
- Access all the content items that were added so far.
- The count blocks, present on the top, tells you the number of items based on the content type.
- Click on a block to view all the content of that type. For example, if you want to see the list of articles, click on the Articles block. To view all, click on the All Items blocks.
- The list, by default, is sorted based on the last updated date. You can also change the order and sort the list by clicking on any of the labels located on the Column header of the table. For example, if you want to sort the content list by name in alphabetical order, click on the Name. However, clicking on the content title will open that specific content item.
Updating the content item
- To update any content item, hover the cursor on the three dots icon located under the Actions column and click on the Update Content link.
- The Update content page will be displayed, as shown below.
- Except as specified below, all other properties and operations will be the same as in adding a new content item.
- To archive, a content item select the “Archived?” checkbox. On selecting this option, the content will not be available for the general members. The staff members can still access the archived content and can reactivate it.
- Once the content is updated, click on Update or Update & Return to save the content permanently.
- Update & Return will navigate you to the content items list page.
- The updated content will be reflected immediately everywhere it is served, including on the organization’s public website.
Deleting the content item
- To delete any content item, hover the cursor on the three dots icon under the Actions column and click on the Delete Content link.
- To delete content that is associated with a web page, the reference must be removed first.
- Once deleted, the content will be removed permanently. If you are not sure, instead of deleting the content, archive the content.