Athletes and Parents
Manage all your organization athletes and parents. Parents are applicable only if your organization deals with youth sports. Both athlete and parents accounts can exist independently. They can also be connected with each other as family members, in which case it will become much easier to manage accounts, especially when there are multiple kids in a family participating in sporting activities.
As you see in the screenshot,
- The list of athletes & parents are displayed in a table format.
- By default, the most recently added/updated athlete & parent are displayed at the top of the list.
- The athlete & parent count is displayed in the respective tabs.
- You can sort the list of athletes & parents in ascending or descending order by clicking on Name, Email Address, Gender., Name sorts by the first name. To sort by the last name, click on L.
- Actions: Hover the mouse on three dots icon, which displays the following options,
- Update athlete or parent: This allows you to update the details of the athlete or parent.
- Send message: This allows you to send messages to the selected athlete or parent.
- Register to a program:
If you click on this option, a modal window appears to select a program from the drop-down menu for the athlete to register.
- Order items: This allows you to place orders for the selected athlete or parent.
- Add private notes:
- You can add a private note for a specific athlete or parent.
- After entering the note, click on Save to save the notes.
- Select the check-box that reads Do not allow other staff members to view these notes if you do not want other staff members to access these notes.
Adding an Athlete
To add an athlete click on the green plus icon and enter the following details,
- Enter Email Address: Enter the email address of the athlete.
- If the athlete is already an existing member, then the existing member’s details will be prefilled and cannot be edited.
- To change-
- Email Address: If there is any need for changing the athlete’s email address, click on change email, and update the email address.
- New Account Login Name: The email address specified for the athlete will be their login name by default.
Note: The athlete can change their account login name after logging into their account.
- Athlete Details
- Enter the athlete’s details.
- Temporary Account Password: This is a temporary password assigned to the athlete.
Note: You can provide a default temporary password from Super Admin > Org Settings > General.
- Click on Add to add the athlete to your organization.
Adding a parent
To add a parent for an athlete, hover the cursor over the three dots icon under the athlete’s Actions column, click on Add Family Member, and enter the following details.
- Email Address:
- The page pre-populates the email address of the selected athlete. You can add the family member using the same email address or by entering a new email address.
- If you add a parent using the same email address as the athlete, a message similar to the following one will be displayed.
- If the parent is already an existing member, then a modal window displays the member details as shown below.,
- Click on yes to add the existing member as a parent.
- The details of the parent will already be prefilled and cannot be edited.
- You can only select the family member type & relationship of the parent from the drop-down menu provided.
Email Address: If there is any need for changing the parent’s email address, click on change email, and update the email address.
- Family Member Type & Relationship
- Add the new family member to the organization as: Specify the family member’s role by choosing from the drop-down menu.
- Relationship of the family member: Specify the family member’s relationship with the athlete by choosing from the drop-down menu.
Enter the details of the parent.
To add the parent’s address, click on the plus icon and enter the following details.,
- Add the address details of the parent.
- Click on Add to add the parent to your organization.
You may perform the following page operations on the Athletes & Parents page.
- Search: You can search for any athlete/parent by entering the keywords in the search box.
- Click on the Export icon to export the athlete/parent’s information in a .csv file format.
- You can also export data based on the filter options available.
- Filter Options: You can apply the following filter options to refine the data of the athletes.
- Program Registered: Select the program from the drop-down to view the list of athletes who have registered for the program.
- Age group: Select the age group from the drop-down to view the list of athletes belonging to that age group.
- Member of a team: Select the team from the drop-down to view the list of athletes who are members of that team.
- Gender: Select the gender from the drop-down to view the list of athletes based on their gender.
- League/Tournament/Season: Select the league/tournament/season from the drop-down to view the list of athletes participating in that league/tournament/season.
- At the top right of the page, mouse over the grid icon to,
- Assign players, parents, and staff to teams.
- Manage athlete feedback
- Manage programs
- Manage items and orders
- Visit the team page on the website.
Note: You can also access these operations from the tools section present at the bottom of the page.
Updating an athlete
To update an athlete, hover the cursor over the three dots icon present under the Actions column and click on Update Athlete.
- You can update the details of the athlete.
- You can update additional details.,
- You can add parent/guardian information of the athlete by clicking on the plus icon and entering the following details.,
Enter the parent/guardian’s information
- You can also add more info (address, medical information) of the athlete by clicking on the plus icon and entering the following details.,
- Address: Add the address by clicking on the plus icon and enter the details.
- Medical Info: Enter the medical information of the athlete.
Note: At the end of the page, all teams that this athlete is part of are displayed.
Updating a parent
- To update a parent, hover the cursor over the three dots icon present under the Actions column and click on Update Parent.
- Update the details of the parent.
- Click on Update to save the changes.
Deleting an athlete/parent
To delete an athlete/parent, hover the cursor over the three dots icon present under the Actions column and click on Delete Athlete to delete an athlete or Delete Parent to delete a parent from the organization.
Note: The athlete/parent will also be deleted from all the organization teams.